Emergency meetings involving members of the royal family take place on Tuesday at Buckingham Palace following allegations made by Prince Harry and his wife in an interview made for “The Oprah Winfrey Show”. The BBC’s Palace correspondent said it was “increasingly difficult for Buckingham not to say anything” about the allegations made by the couple in the special program broadcast on Sunday evening by CBS.

The journalist said that the representatives of the Palace “do not want to feel pressured to say something”.

According to the British press, Queen Elizabeth has so far refused to offer an official opinion from Buckingham Palace regarding the interview given by Meghan and Harry. Instead, he called Prince Charles and Prince William to a crisis meeting to establish an official reaction to the accusations brought against the Royal House.

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, spoke on The Oprah Winfrey Show about the royal family and strained relationships, revealing that they felt isolated within it. They also spoke about how they were left without financial support, and that their wedding took place three days before the ceremony was broadcast around the world. They have made accusations of racism, which do not involve Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. Harry confessed that his relationship with his father, Prince Charles, had deteriorated, but that “fixing” it was one of his priorities.